Immigration Services

  • Temporary Resident Visas

    Visitors to Canada are persons who are not Canadians or permanent residents of Canada. If you belong to this category, you will need a temporary resident visa (TRV) for visits to your loved ones or business visits.

    Luckily some countries like the United States are visa-exempt, which means their citizens can travel to Canada without providing these requirements. You will also require a TRV if you want to work or study in Canada, and you are not a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada.

    Our regulated Canadian immigration consultancy firm Swani-Can Immigration based in Vaughan, Canada, will help you process your temporary resident visa, and answer questions you need about coming to Canada.

    Read more

  • Visitors/ Tourist Visa

    Depending on the document you want to travel with, the issuing country of your documents, your nationality, and method of travel to Canada, you might need a Canadian visitor/tourist visa. Our RCICs at Swani-Can Immigration are available to help. We will advise you on whether the Canadian visitors/tourist visa is the best option for you.

    Your Canadian visitors/tourist visa is a document that authorities attach to your passport that allows you to stay in Canada for six months from the time of your entry into Canada. It is an official document that might also be required of you when you are transiting through Canada. Border officers will put the date you need to leave Canada on your passport, or a visitor record containing the same information. You can ask border officers for stamps, but if you do not have a stamp, you have six months to stay in Canada from the day of entry or the duration of your visa. Reach out to us today for a simple Canadian visitors/tourist visa process. Our licensed immigration consultants in Vaughan, Ontario, will advise you on the best steps to take.

    Read more

  • Super Visa

    Authorities issue super visas to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. They do this upon the fulfillment of specific requirements. First, the visiting parents or grandparents must have a signed letter of invitation from their child or grandchild, inviting them to Canada. The letter must include a promise of financial support from the Canadian for the length of stay, a list of the number of people in his/her household, a copy of the person’s permanent resident or Canadian citizenship document.

    Second, the visitor or visitors must have proof of medical insurance valid for up to 12 months from a Canadian insurance company. The issued insurance must be up to 100,000 CAD, including evidence to support your stay. The child or grandchild inviting you to Canada must meet the minimum necessary income recommendation by Canada, to show this, he/she must submit a notice of assessment, employment letter, pay stubs or bank statement. Reviewing authorities also check the ties of the visitor with their home country, the purpose of the visit, economic and political stability of home country, families, and finances.

    Read more

  • Student Visas

    If you are a student hoping to study in Canada, there are opportunities to do so. After you have been accepted to, you need a Canadian student visa to travel to Canada for your studies. You will have to provide your acceptance letter for a designated learning institution in Canada. You also need a valid international passport of the travel document and proof that you can support yourself and your family members who will come with you while you are in Canada.

    Read more

  • Working Visa

    Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) by the Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), employers can recruit foreign workers in response to labor shortages. The Temporary Foreign Worker Program is divided into four streams: high skilled workers, low-skilled workers, seasonal agricultural programs, and the live-in caregiver program. Before coming to Canada as a foreign worker, you must present a valid job offer and work permit. Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada ensure that employers do not employ foreign workers to take positions Canadians can handle perfectly. In exceptional cases, such an employer will have to apply for the labor market impact assessment (MLIA). Except for the International Mobility Program (IMP) which permits some workers to enter Canada without an LMIA.

    Read more

  • Permanent Residency

    Persons who immigrated from other countries to Canada to reside permanently are permanent residents. Authorities require permanent residents of Canada to present their permanent resident (PR) cards or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when they travel to Canada by any route. Failure to do this will translate to the inability to return to Canada via any route. It is also expected of permanent residents to ensure that their PR card remains valid and apply for a new PR card upon the expiration. Permanent residents must maintain their permanent resident status even though they are outside of Canada. They must present their PR card whenever they arrive in Canada on any commercial vehicle through any of the known routes. If your PR card expires outside Canada, you must apply before coming back.

    Permanent residents of Canada qualify for all social and health benefits available to Canadian citizens. They can live, work and study anywhere in Canada, and apply to be Canadians. They must pay their taxes and abide by all federal, provincial, and municipal laws in Canada. Permanent residents do not have suffrage in Canada, and they cannot hold critical security positions.

    Read more

  • Family Sponsorship

    Canada believes in reuniting families and created immigration programs to help do so. It includes ways to sponsor your spouse, parents, children, or grandparents as permanent residents in Canada. With the program, your relatives can live, work, and study in Canada. Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and people registered in Canada as Indians can sponsor their relatives to Canada. There are two types of relatives that you can sponsor: close relatives, and other relatives. Close relatives consist of spouses or common-law partners, dependent or adopted children, parents, and grandparents. The other relatives include any other relative that does not belong to the close category. They include siblings, aunts, uncles and adopted siblings.

    Read more

  • Express Entry (EE)

    Express entry is a streamlined application process for applicants who want to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents. It allows specific employers and immigration Canada, to record immigrants with work experience or skills that will help fill demands within the Canadian workforce. The Canadian express entry program also allows provinces and territories to select applicants that meet their individual entry requirements.

    Read more

  • Provincial Nominee Program

    The Canadian Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows you to fast track your Canadian permanent residency application. The PNPs enable provinces and territories to select individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and are interested in settling in their province.

    There are currently eleven provinces and territories participating in the PNP with varying criteria and eligibility. The following provinces of Canada offer provincial entries: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova scotia, North West Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon.

    Read more

  • Immigration Hearings

    Canada’s largest independent administrative tribunal, the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), makes decisions related to immigration in the most appropriate manner according to existing laws. The IRB decides deserving persons of the Canadian refugee status from thousands of applicants each year. The tribunal exercises its powers through the Refugee Appeal Division (RAD), Refugee Protection Division (RPD), Immigration Division (ID), and Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD).

    Applicants must make claims before they can be considered by the RAD, which is responsible for deciding appeals made by the RPD to allow or reject a refugee claim. If the outcome of your claim turns out to be negative, the RAD is responsible for reviewing your appeal. Although there are certain conditions, you must meet for the RAD to consider your appeal.

    Read more

  • Immigration Appeal Division

    No one prays for this to happen, but sometimes, your immigration application will be refused, so you need to have an idea about what you should do when this happens. An immigration appeal is the first thing you should consider when your application is rejected. An appeal is a formal process that goes to the court, asking the member/judge to review the unfavorable decision. Depending on the kind of appeal, different kinds of courts can handle your appeal. Appeals for spousal sponsorship applications, removal orders of permanent residents, protected persons, and residency obligations can be filed to the immigration appeal division, while a declined of this appeal would be filed to the federal court.

    Reapplying is sometimes the best option after your application has been rejected. Swani-Can Immigration will help you review your application to make sure you have not made any mistakes during your application that warranted the earlier decision. If you must file an appeal, however, you must know the deadlines determined by the court. Some division set a 15-days deadline while others set 30-days. Depending on your case, there may be a 60-days deadline from the division as well. If you are late with your application, in most cases, you have no options.

    Read more

  • Detention Review

    If the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) detains you or your loved ones, you may be wondering what to do next and a host of other questions. Detention is always a hard time for those detained, so it is important to understand what it means and what to do when it happens.

    CBSA may detain a person, especially when they have a reason to believe that the person in question will not show up when asked to do so. A person may also be detained if the border officers are unable to verify his/her identity, will pose a known or imminent threat to the public, or become inadmissible for security and other reasons.

    Within 48 hours after CBSA detains a person, it must refer the matter to the immigration division for a hearing. During this hearing, the ID needs to determine whether continued detention is necessary for various conditions. It may also decide to order the detainee’s release. Detention is often tougher for people during the first 24-48 hours. At this time, many people are confused because they do not know what to do next.

    Read more

  • Admissibility Hearing

    Sometimes, the Canadian immigration authorities may have a reason backed by information, implying that a permanent resident or foreign national is inadmissible. When this happens, they will prepare a report setting out the allegations for consideration by the Immigration Division (ID) of the Immigration and Refuge Board (IRB).

    In response, the Immigration Division will conduct a hearing where the foreign national is present. The foreign national or permanent resident can defend him/herself against all the allegations. If, after the hearing, the ID finds out that the person is not admissible, they issue a removal order against the person. In some instances, permanent residents have the right to appeal determinations by the immigration division to the Immigration Appeal Division or a federal court.

    Read more

  • Refugee Claims

    You can get a Canadian refugee protection status if you fear persecution or are at risk of losing your life in your current country. Canada is an open and welcoming country for refugees, but making a refugee claim is not a free ticket into Canada. The refugee system is not for those seeking a better economic life. It only exists to protect those who would face persecution or threat to their lives in their home country.

    Read more

  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Reason (H&C)

    Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) applications are exceptional applications under Canadian immigration law. It is an application for foreign nationals who are in Canada but do not meet the requirements for other applications such as economic immigration applications, sponsorships, work permits, and study permits. Sometimes, people do not qualify for other applications because they have been in Canada out of status for some time owing to some reasons. In most cases, these foreign nationals are unable to complete their paperwork, are confused, didn’t meet a submission deadline, etc.

    Sometimes people travel to Canada on visitor status or come to make a refugee claim, which was refused, and they end up staying in Canada. People are also stuck in Canada after they have done other applications thinking they are qualified, but authorities refuse them. These lead to many foreign nationals remaining in Canada without legal status. Many of the illegal immigrants start to build a life in Canada and do not want to return to their home country for several reasons. Some have Canadian children, and they do not want to go back home because they do not have anyone back home who would take care of them, and they sometimes have age-related medical conditions.

    Read more

  • Commissioning Oaths

    If you are located in Vaughan, or anywhere across Ontario, and you want to sign an affidavit, Swani-Can Immigration can help you sign your affidavit in the capacity of the commissioner for oaths. Affidavits are written statements confirmed by the oath or affirmation, which includes the signature of the commissioners of oaths and the person requesting the confirmation.

    An affidavit is necessary as a piece of court evidence and justifiable in most cases, especially when the affiant to the affidavit wants some statements to be as they appear on the affidavit.

    Read more

Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid